On average, it costs about £4,250 a week to run St Wilfrid’s.
It is thanks to the generosity of our congregation, visitors and supporters that the church is still here, well cared for and used every day. Recently your donations have helped us to:
- Install a new heating system
- Install a new sound system
- Repair or replace old light fittings
- Repair the stonework and parts of the guttering
A combination of donations, commercial income, fees from weddings and funerals, legacies and grants helps us to keep St Wilfrid’s open every day. We receive no regular income from the Government, Local Authority or the Church of England.
The Vision for the Future of St Wilfrid Harrogate
- To provide the parish, the town and visitors with buildings that are warm, welcoming, clean and safe.
- To expand the uses the church is put to, for the congregation, the community, and for commercial and heritage audiences.
- To secure our financial future through making our buildings work for us, rather than us working for the buildings.
- To safeguard our heritage, making changes where we believe they are justified.
To support us you can donate online below or go to our Support page to find out more about alternative ways to give.
Help us with a donation
Online donations can be made via our donations page. Click the button below to make an online donation.
Donations can also be made by cheque to St Wilfrid’s PCC and posted to the Parish Office, St Wilfrid’s Church, Duchy Road, Harrogate
If you to prefer to donate by bank transfer: Account name: St Wilfrid No 2, CAF Bank, Sort code: 40-52-40 , Account number: 00026061
Be a regular monthly giver – Could you support us throughout the year by completing our Standing Order form?
For taxpayers, Gift aid your donation
For every £10 donated, we can claim another £2.50 if you return a signed gift aid form. We can even reclaim on your past giving!
If you wish to donate to a specific project please let us know. Fundraising projects for 2018 include:
- Restoration and cleaning of the Darlington Panels in church
- Installation of new sound system to the church
- Organ and music fund
Your donation will be used for the primary purpose specified. Where any appeal reaches or exceeds its targets your donation will then be used for similar projects or for general purposes unless you direct otherwise. All donations made to St Wilfrid Harrogate are gratefully received and help us carry out our work.
However you wish your donation to be used – every penny counts. The majority of our income comes from the kind donations of individuals – whether they attend church, have been to an event here, or just want to support the building and the secular community groups who use the parish hall.
It is through the support of individual donors that St Wilfrid’s is able to remain open daily, with daily services and to continue to play a vital role in our community.